Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The List of Characters (updated):

Here is the list of characters on this adventure. Since these people will be mentioned numerous times, here are their bios so you can learn them well. (We will only use nicknames for them so the identity of the innocent can be protected):

1. Dr. Trouble - That's me. Yours truly. I am a 33 year old, single, successful female, and though I have encountered a few heartbreaks along the way, am definitely back on the road to sanity. My life has changed quite a bit in the last year, but I think this is for the better. Just follow my blog and you will see the transformation. I am actually a physician in Dallas, which might come as a shock. Oh well, it came as a shock to me too!






2. Ms. Kung-Fu - She would kill me if I used her real name. "Why?" you ask. Because she is successful, brilliant, and most importantly, 100 times more conservative than I! Let's just say this. She is known as Ms. Kung-Fu because when she found out a dirty little secret about a boy she liked after having consumed over a bottle of wine in one sitting by herself, she proceeded to want to kung-fu the restaurant table and then to do karate kicks as we walked our drunken selves home. We were saved from public embarassment by yours truly. Ms. Kung-Fu and I have had the most adventures together (mainly because we have known each other since kindergarten) because when we get together.....we attract trouble! She is single and back on the dating scene (please be NON-BRITISH!)


3. Roger Hayes - Definitely a pseudonym (because who else would have a dorky name like that???). He's my other intellectual half. We used to date years ago, back when neither one of us knew what we were doing or waht we wanted. We do much better as friends. He'll get a few chapters in my biography some day, for sure! He just recently moved to Atlanta so the Roger stories will become less frequent. Be sure to ask him about his "home unimprovement".





4. Ms. Fabulous - a co-worker of mine and truly a fabulous person. For some reason, it took us a year to start hanging out. I guess the time wasn't right in our lives to meet each other. What a shame! She's fabulous and, though I originally thought she didn't know that, she does and loves it. Our evenings going out together are always blog worthy. I am still trying to figure out if she is Mexican or Indian.






5. Robin Leach - He's travelled the world on his 57' sailboat, he's lived in far off lands (Africa, the Mediterrean), he's rubbed noses with the rich and famous and now he has found himself in Dr. Trouble's little world! It's amazing where life can take you. He was my flavor of the month and I thought he was pretty special. But, in the end, he was a disappointment. Read about his adventures at Aboard Valkyrie.



6. Karate Man - He is in no way, shape, or form related to Ms. Kung-Fu. In fact, she hates him. Actually, all of my friends hate him. He's "happily" married now - but there are numerous bets on how long his marriage will last. He basically decided that he would have sexcapades with multiple women while living with me. After reading the blog, I hope you ask yourself, "Why on earth did he do that?" Read what other women say about him on: http://www.thosewhocheat.com/ and http://www.dontdatehimgirl.com/. I should erase him from the list, but since I refrence him from time to time when I discuss psychopaths, I will leave him on here.


7. The New Yorker - We met at work and discovered we had mutual friends (Russian mafia members) and the next thing I know we start hanging out. You well often find us enjoying a bottle of wine together, selected for the design of the bottle and not the grape variety (though we will act sophisticated and look like we know what we are doing!). I'm just shocked that I have found another female in Dallas that has MORE guy friends than I do!




8. Albster - My best friend, college boyfriend, former pseudo-fiancee until he decided he liked boys instead of women. He's kind of out-of-the loop now as he moved away to Baltimore to train to become the next Dr. William Boothe, but his legacy is sure to permeate this blog. He is my voice of reason most of the time as I am sure you will see. And, he's planning on moving back to Dallas in a year to start his practice.




9. Lerxst - The man who has more bondage and S&M stuff then anyone else I know. Actually, that is not saying much as I don't know anyone who is into the perverse! Lerxst is a strange dude, but charming, sweet, and one of the most kind people you will ever meet. He and I have had some adventures and I am sure they will be talked about. He also decided to move away to Phoenix for a brief time, but just recently moved back to Dallas. You will typically find him hanging out at downtown establishments.





10. The Dude - He's my "safe harbor" as he likes to say. Now, that is not to say that the Dude is always safe - the very first night we met we got stopped by a cop at White Rock Lake on the grounds of being there entirely too late at night and looking a bit suspicious. He's in a serious relationship now, but always has time to talk some sense into me when I need it (which is pretty often!)






11. Tootsie - She is a relatively new player in the adventure, but I am sure whe will get her fair share of stories on this site. When I first met Tootsie, I couldn't stand her. Now, I adore her to death and we joke about that initial meeting. We went on a cruise together last year and were planning some more upcoming vacations soon. But, then she met her significant other and disappeared. She can never give me grief about how fast my relationship with Robin Leach progressed because Tootsie holds the record.




12. Ashton - I picked Ashton up at my neighborhood pool, literally. The rest is history. The name comes from the fact the he is slightly younger than I, and thus I feel like Demi Moore when I am in his presence. He's part charming and part enigma, but definitlely he is beautiful on the eyes. Ladies, he is single and looking so let me know if you are interested!





13. Ptex - A random friendship that began when Albster left me to seek out guys. Well, the first guy he found was Ptex. It turns out, Albster left him too. So Ptex and I have this natural bond - one that comes only from losing the person that is probably the closest person to our ideal man that we have ever met. However, the new guy Ptex is with now might challenge this!






14. Kevo- Kevo and I went to medical school together, but only became friends our 4th year. We spent an entire year together during residency, with me basically having to cover for him as he stayed out every night at the Grapevine until well past the wee hours of the morning! Just kidding - Kevo is probably the brightest physicians I know. And I will adore him even more when he repays me ALL the beers he owes me for cross-cover nights (inside physician humor!). If any single HOT men want his email or number, I can definitely pass it on!


15. My Chinese Boyfriend - I can't dare use his real name on this site as I don't want this coming back to haunt him when he accepts the Nobel Prize in Science someday. He's my colleague and intellectual superior, and if he weren't so smart, I would probably ask him out (everyone knows I can't date someone smarter than I). He will definitely get some stories on this site as his experiences as a Chinese man living in the U.S. (buying his first car, almost getting deported by the Chinese consulate, etc) always have me laughing!





16. Cookie - Not really sure where the name came from, but if you knew Cookie you would know it was appropriate. I met her about 3 years ago, but only now am I figuring out how crazy she is! Our current mission: discovering the best chips/salsa, enchiladas, and margaritas in Dallas!







17. Bogey - He started talking to me one night after a Stars game while ordering a beer at the Gingerman and ever since then we have been friends. Bogey needed a little excitement in his boring engineering life and he looked to yours truly to provide that. If I ever want to partake in a bottle of wine (the man does know his wine!) or an adventurous vacation (he's always up for a skiing vacation or a trek through Canada), Bogey is the man I call!





18. Clarky - She's a minor character, but no one person on this earth has brought more laughs to me than Clarky. She truly is a wonderful person. Attached is a "spy pic" of her, passed out in a cab in New Orleans on one of my many trips there. p.s. She somehow managed to fall out of the cab and twist her ankle.






19. The Chin (aka The Kid) - We met at work when we accidently discovered we lived in the same condo complex. He mistook me as a shy studious physician. I mistook him as a conservative medical professional. We were both equally wrong about each other! The rest is history though. We have been going out a lot lately, meeting regularly at our neighborhood bar with our friends. He is also recently single and looking so email me if you are interested.





20. Foxy Cleopatra - I met Foxy through Ms. Fabulous and I am still trying to figure out if they are long lost sisters. She used to live in Oklahoma (not really, but it was about as far). Then, she decided that all of her friends and her fun are located in downtown/uptown so she moved to get closer! She's a maniac on the dance floor, quite the comedian with a little alcohol, and best of all an awesome friend! And get this....she's single. So guys, watch out!






21. Schnookie - What else can I say about this one except that we met in Baltimore and instantly "hit it off". Now, he has relocated to Dallas and he has found his way into incriminating stories on the blog. He's a bit of a wild one, but also a complete sweetheart. So, get ready for some wild adventures of his on the blog.






22. Big Daddy (a.k.a. Triple K) - He's a local celebrity and a downright fun person to hang out with. Not to mention, he hosts one of the best parties in Dallas every spring. Once you filter through his bullshit, you see that he is really a very genuine person. And, I am guaranteed to be rolling on the floor laughing everytime we are together!

3 comments:

Roger Hayes said...

Goddamnit I hate that picture of me.

Anonymous said...

Why isn't my description on here?

Anonymous said...

I am confrused. Did the kid change his name from Gaylord Focker?