Sunday, April 13, 2008

First MySpace, Now Facebook!

It seems that when I meet people these days, a question that invariably arises is, "Are you on
Facebook?" My answer up until the last few weeks was that between work, Robin, and my friends, I have very little time for social networking on the web and quite honestly, I am not one to sit around and surf the Internet all day like many people I know. I barely have any time to update the blog. So, the answer is no! After about a dozen of those questions, I thought I should log on and find out what this facebook thing is all about. I entered a bit disillusioned, having been inundated with spam once my MySpace page got up and running and having given up on the mode of communication. I searched for a few close friends (i.e. Lerxst and The New Yorker) and added my education to the page. Within the next week, people were coming out of the woodwork adding me as their friend. From high school buddies I haven't spoken to in at least 13 years to college sorority sisters I spent a lot of time with, I was reconnecting with and catching up on the lives of my friends and colleagues. Ok, I admit, I am logging on almost daily, though I have yet to actually put anything really interesting on my page. I suppose I am now getting addicted, anxiously waiting for friends that create new pages and seeing the pictures of my friends on the site change on sometimes a daily basis. My conclusions are this: Forget MySpace, facebook has you beat!

No comments: